Turning down the volume on your junk mail is a great way to:
- Save time spent sorting it out
- Keep clutter off your counters
- Reduce the amount of crap you have to put out on recycling day
- Reduce the wear and tear on your shredder
- Save time spent shredding
- Reduce the amount of paper that has to be recycled
- Save money on local taxes! FACT: $320 million of local taxes are used to dispose of unsolicited mail each year. If we all made an effort to stop the mail from coming in, we could help keep property taxes from rising so quickly!
FACTS Courtesy of: https://www.41pounds.org/statistics/
(Check out their other startling statistics.)
PHOTO Courtesy of www.mailboxmagnets.com
NEAT LIVING PICK FOR EASIEST WAY TO STOP THE JUNK MAIL IS -
41pounds.org An average of 41 pounds or junk mail is sent to every adult citizen each year. Approximately 44% of this mail goes into a landfill unopened. For $41.00 for 5 years, this service proactively actively gets you off the lists and keeps you off over time. They contact 20-30 direct mailers on your behalf to stop the majority of bulk mail that comes to your home every day. You don't have to do all the letter writing yourself!
Here are some other Neat Links that make it easy to reduce unwanted mail.
Above links came from: Ideal Bite - Tip Library - Just Say No to Junk Mail - Resolutions Week 2006.