12 Warning Signs You Might Have a Problem with Overspending and Overshopping
- You use shopping as “recreation” and “retail therapy” without a budget or limits on what you spend.
- You have several items in your wardrobe that still have labels on them after a year.
- You are afraid to look at your credit card bills and total up your credit card debt.
- You’ve been borrowing from one credit line to pay back another.
- You frequently pick up the check and/or buy things for people even though you can’t really afford it.
- You have more supplies for your hobby (i.e. scrapbooking, fishing, etc.) than you will ever have time enough to use.
- You hide your spending / purchases from people you live with.
- You worry constantly about whether or not you can pay your bills.
- You rarely, if ever walk into a store without buying several things you didn’t intend to buy.
- When your spouse or partner disappoints you or hurts you, you get “revenge” by shopping or spending a lot of money.
- You think about shopping and spending money even when you are not shopping.
- You have tried to limit your shopping, but can’t.
p.s. In October, I'll be presenting this class at the Virtual AD/HD Conference!