On October 9, 2008, Debbie Jordan Kravitz, interviewed me for her upcoming book on Perfectionism! She was so easy to talk to, and so compassionate that I really opened up to her and revealed things I've never talked about "publicly" before. We also laughed a lot and I have to thank her for asking such insight-provoking questions and helping me to understand my perfectionism even more deeply yet in such a FUN way!
. Here are some of the topics we talked about:
- When did you first realize that perfectionism was part of your personality?
- How perfectionism became an issue for me in college and at work
- How becoming a Professional Organizer taught me about ADD
- How perfectionism, ADD and creativity are connected
- How I learned to overcome / manage my own chronic disorganization and clutter issues
- Consequences of perfectionism - what made you realize you needed to change and how do you keep it at bay?
- The biological bases of perfectionism
- How perfectionism is related to your self-concept, image, reputation, ability and desire for being known for quality
- How I learned to give up being perfect about email, writing and other things
- How self-monitoring works
- and much more....
Get this recording as a bonus along with our class on Overcoming Perfectionism here.