This Article has been updated and posted on my main website at www.ArianeBenefit.com
I have found that many ADD traits are the SAME as those of people with "creative personality types" Having a creative personality type doesn't mean you are an "artist" necessarily, though you may well be. It's broader than that. We ARE creative types who love to write, explore, take risks, try new things, solve problems, research and learn new things all the time, and get bored with anything that is too repetitive or that stays the same for too long.
I frequently wonder how my ENTP creative personality type and ADD are connected - because when you compare the traits of both, it's striking how similar they are. The main differences seem to be in the degree, frequency, and impact these "traits" have on our lives. Both ADD and the Creative Types share many characteristics. Below is a list of ADD traits that I've culled from reading tons of ADD books.
COMMON ADD TRAIT DESCRIPTIONS INCLUDE:
- High energy and restless / Hyperactivity
- Takes on too many projects
- Loses interest easily
- High impatience
- May fail to follow through, forget appointments
- Tendency to hyperfocus and not be able to easily break out of it
- Tendency to see everything at once, to think "globally" and see many possibilities at once, making it difficult to make certain kinds of decisions
READ THE FULL ARTICLE on my main website at www.ArianeBenefit.com
RELATED ARTICLES BY ARIANE BENEFIT
- Misdiagnosis of Gifted Children and Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger’s, Depression, and Other Disorders
- Are you an adult with ADHD or ADDish traits? Ever wonder if you might be "gifted"? How about Neurodiverse? (NEAT & SIMPLE LIVING)
- I sometimes wonder if I have ADD... (NEAT & SIMPLE LIVING)