I was over at Solutions for Busy Moms - a really neat blog by Life Coach, Sarah Zeldman - and found this neat housekeeping post about ironing - or NOT ironing I should say.
Also see Iron Free Zone - a post by an Irish Lady with a Neat Blog! (Thanks Sarah for introducing me to her!)
I had to smile because I'm a reformed ironer, too! I haven't ironed anything in years! It saves me a lot of time. With today's easy fabrics, and if you fold right away...there's no need! And there's always the dryer if something does get wrinkled. For tough cases throw a damp washcloth in with the item for a minute or 2...and it's ironed - well okay, it's just a lot less wrinkled! : )
I have a few criteria when I buy clothing that help make my life easier overall...
1. It doesn't have to be ironed.
2. It can't make me itchy (that sensitive skin thing again)
3. It doesn't need dry cleaning or I can dry clean it using Dryel.
4. It will last more than 5 washings...though you can't always tell.
5. It's versatile and will integrate with my wardrobe and make multiple outfits.
6. Stains are likely to come out of it easily.
7. Of course it also has to fit and look good!
Here's a really humorous look at ironing by Phil Shaw...who know ironing could be an extreme sport???
check out his book and the calendar at Amazon!