CANDLE LOVERS - There is good news and bad news!
First the BAD NEWS
As beautiful as candles are, they are one of the worst things you can do for your sinuses. If you wake up with headaches often, paraffin wax candles could be the reason. Some people think they have allergies and its really due to burning candles. They pollute indoor air so badly, that most air purifiers include a warning that the purifier can't work properly if you burn candles.
Many candles also produce carcinogenic toxins. We stopped burning candles a couple years ago when we started having chronic sinus infections. Our doctor said no more candles! We only burn them outdoors or near an open window, and even then, only occasionally. And now, we almost never wake up with sinus headaches or get chronic sinus infections now.
The GOOD NEWS!
The good news is we can now burn candles again! Thanks to soy wax candles. According to ROBYN LANDIS, author, activist, musician, and personal Eco-Shopper at http://www.theecoshopper.com/ , they don't "produce petrol-carbon soot (the stuff that blackens your walls) Soy wax is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. It also burns slower (up to 40% longer) and cooler than paraffin, which means the candle lasts longer. There is no wasted wax. Because soy burns evenly there is no "tunneling effect" as with paraffin wax candles. Finally, soybeans are a renewable resource. Paraffin contains petroleum, which as we well know is not a renewable resource. Paraffin wax also contains 11 documented toxins. Soywax is completely biodegradable. Many paraffin wax candles also use lead laced wicks."
To learn more visit: http://www.healthycandles.org/